Sacred Heart Catholic School is an outstanding 11-18 mixed school.
We have a vibrant and dynamic school population, who are able to achieve great things with the high expectations and caring environment synonymous with our school. In December 2012, Ofsted judged us as outstanding in every category. The main aim of the school is to educate pupils in accordance with the principles of the Catholic Faith which shines through in all aspects of the life of the school. Visits to the school are welcome.
- We currently have no vacancies
There is free parking for staff within the school and there are good transport links via trains, tube and buses.
The school offers childcare vouchers and a cycle scheme to all staff.
There are complementary hot drinks provided throughout the school day and a free weekly staff breakfast.
- The school has an outstanding ethos and environment for learning.
- Departments achieve outstanding results at Key Stages 4 and 5, significantly above national averages.
- We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing.
- Sacred Heart is a hugely oversubscribed school (in excess of 800 applications for 120 Year 7 places and over 300 applications for 75 Year 12 places) and has an outstanding reputation in the local area for its academic excellence and caring ethos.
Comments from Ofsted 2012 report and Section 48 report:
- The Headteacher, governors and staff are ambitious for their students, totally focused on raising and maintaining high achievement.
- Students’ behaviour is outstanding. Students conduct themselves with impressive courtesy, generosity towards others and commitment to achieving the very best.
- There is a rich and varied range of extra opportunities for students to learn outside the classroom, including trips and charity work.
- The school places a strong emphasis on spiritual values, reflection and service to others. All members of the school community consistently demonstrate these values day by day.
- Behaviour around the school, in corridors, at lunchtime and at the end of the day is also exemplary. Students are always friendly, courteous and helpful.
- The Headteacher and senior leaders have created a school in which teachers believe all students can make outstanding progress.