GCSE RESULTS 2019
SACRED HEART CELEBRATES ANOTHER SET OF FANTASTIC GCSE RESULTS
21 August 2019
Sacred Heart Catholic School in Camberwell is once again celebrating outstanding GCSE results.
Among the headline figures, 80% of pupils achieved a standard pass in both English and Maths while 53% achieved a strong pass in both subjects.
Last year the school ranked 30th in the whole country for Progress 8 – the government’s headline progress measure – and this year the school’s confirmed figure of 0.98 is another stunning result.
Headteacher Mr Serge Cefai said “The last few years have seen lots of changes in the educational landscape, with GCSEs moving from A*-G to 9-1. These latest results confirm that all the hard work we have put in as a school continues to bear fruit, with pupils achieving another set of fantastic results. Congratulations to all our staff and pupils. Our national progress 8 results once again rank us among the top schools in the country.”
Summary of GCSE results:
- Confirmed Progress 8 figure of 0.98
- 53% of pupils achieved a strong pass in both English and Maths
- 80% of pupils achieved a standard pass in both English and Maths
- 89% of pupils achieved a standard pass or above in English and 77% of pupils achieved a strong pass or above in English
- 85% of pupils achieved a standard pass or above in Maths and 57% of pupils achieved a strong pass or above
- 85% of pupils achieved a standard pass or above in at least two Sciences
- 96% of pupils achieved a standard pass or above in Modern Foreign Languages
- 47% of pupils achieved the English Baccalaureate with strong passes in English and Maths
- 57% of pupils achieved the English Baccalaureate with standard passes in English and Maths
Among our top performing pupils were:
- Holly Agbukor (Six 9s, four 8s);
- Rachel Daramola (Five 9s, Five 8s);
- Vanessa Gagno (Five 9s, Four 8s, One 7);
- Emelia Bature (Four 9s, Five 8s, One 7);
- Amabel Cofie (Three 9s, Five 8s, Two 7s);
- Blessing Okuchukwu (Three 9s, Seven 8s);
- Laura Rocha (Five 9s, Three 8s, One 7);
- Emmanuel Areoye (Three 9s, Two 8s, Three 7s);
- Jawad Alabi (Four 9s, Four 8s);
- Omri Ogueri (Two 9s, Five 8s, Two 7s);
- Oghenekevwe Natufe (Four 9s, Three 8s, One 7)
A LEVEL RESULTS 2019
RECORD HAUL OF TOP GRADES FOR SACRED HEART
15 August 2019
Sacred Heart Catholic School in Camberwell is celebrating its highest ever haul of A*-A grades at A Level, with a third of all results sat by pupils in Year 13 achieving the top grades.
All 75 pupils in Year 13 sat A Level exams, with 33% of entries graded at A*-A.
Meanwhile 60% of the A Levels sat were graded A*-B and 90% A*-C.
Remarkably, 11 Sacred Heart pupils achieved straight A/A*s, equating to 15% of the entire year group.
In total 91% of pupils achieved their first or second choice of further education establishment.
Headteacher Mr Serge Cefai commented:
“Whilst our education system continues to be in a state of flux, I am pleased that once again Sacred Heart school has maintained its very high standards, with record numbers of top grades. Congratulations to all pupils and staff for their hard work.”
The following pupils achieved all achieved 3 or more A Levels, all graded A*-A:
- Deborah Agboola
- Edem Akromah
- Bisola Alowonle
- Sharon Amukamara
- Memunat Bakare
- Sabrina Belaziz
- Tracey Chimbo
- Paul Majek-Oduyoye
- Oghemetega Natufe
- Isabel Solarte
- Tianlong Zhong
Among the further education destinations for Sacred Heart pupils this summer were a range of top universities, including:
- University College London,
- The Royal College of Drawing and New York (full scholarship).
In the following subjects over 80% of pupils achieved A*-B grades:
- Business Studies,
- English Literature,
- Further Maths,