A Level results
A Level Results 2020 UPDATED
TOP GRADES FOR SACRED HEART
13 August 2020
Despite the extraordinary circumstances of this year's A Level results, 94% of Sacred Heart Year 13 students have secured their first or second choice of university.
65% of pupils gained a place at a Top Third University which includes (Russel groups and Conservatoires) or high level apprenticeships .
Competitive degree apprenticeship schemes included companies such as Price Waterhouse Cooper, Morgan Stanley and Ernst and Young.
Headteacher Mr Serge Cefai commented:
I am so happy that the vast majority of our students have secured the university course of their choice. Our Year 13 students have suffered greatly in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. Their learning was disrupted, they were unable to prove themselves in exams,
and have had an anxious summer waiting to discover what results a clearly faulty
system would give them.
Some of our students had their grades pulled down in a way that was utterly unfair and incomprehensible. After the Government's U-turn, we will be working hard with those students who were rejected by their top choice university last week but qualify for a place this week, to make sure that their life chances won't be damaged.
Among the top performers are:
- Lucia Ruiz who achieved A*AA and will be studying Economics at Kings College, London
- Hillary Ah-Hing who achieved A*AA and will be undertaking an Accounting and Business Degree Apprenticeship at Price Waterhouse Cooper
- Italo Trombino who achieved A*A*A and will be studying Economics and International Economics at Nottingham University
- Silvy Fernandes who achieved A*A*A-and is off to study Art and Design at University of the Arts London
- Precious Ogunlowo who achieved AAA and will be studying History and Politics at the London School of Economics
- Timi Disu who achieved AAA and has a place to study Computer Science at Kings College London
- Bailey Fairbrass who achieved AAA and will be studying Accounting and Finance and Management at Nottingham University
- Stephanie Siraut who achieved A*BB and will be studying at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) - the oldest drama school in the UK
In the following subjects 100% of students achieved A*-C grades:
- Business Studies
- Further Maths
- Government & Politics
- Health & Social Care BTEC
Mr Cefai said "All of our students should be very proud of their achievements. They have worked diligently and persistently in extraordinary circumstances and I look forward
to them keeping in touch and hearing about their progress as they start their lives
as confident, independent adults".
Quotes from A-Level results Day 2020
Lucia Ruiz – A*AA
Economics at Kings
Students should have high expectations, listen to their teachers and work with the school in order to get where they want to go.
Hillary Ah-Hing – A*AA
Accounting and Business Degree Apprenticeship at PWC
If you work hard, you will get the grades you deserve. You need to know what you want and aim for it. Your teachers know what you need to succeed, so it is so important to work and communicate with them. They have been so supportive of me and I’m so happy I am going to PWC to do my degree apprenticeship!
Italo Trombino – A*A*A
Economics and International Economics at Nottingham
With the teacher support at Sacred Heart and your own hard work, you can achieve everything you want.
Carlos Valdes – AAA
Finance, Accounting and Management at Queen Mary’s
Be the best you can be!
Silvy Fernandes- A*A*A
Art and Design at UAL
My time at Sacred Heart ended in a way I didn’t expect but I’m grateful to all the teachers. For any future students, I would say to use all the resources that the school offers and good luck in the future.
Taina Poppla – AAA
Politics and International Studies at Warwick University
I’m so happy that we got the help that we needed from Sacred Heart through this difficult period and I want to thank the teachers and the school who were such a great help and support through my time at Sacred Heart.
Precious Ogunlowo – AAA
History and Politics at LSE
Work hard and have determination and you are certain to excel at Sacred Heart. The teachers are an
excellent resource – utilise them fully!!
Timi Disu – AAA
Computer Science at Kings
I’m really happy I got into my first choice and so grateful for Sacred Heart for getting me there.
Bailey Fairbrass – AAA
Accounting and Finance and Management at Nottingham
Sacred Heart has set me up well for the future.
A Level Results Photos 2020