Construction Department Curriculum Intent
In the construction department we aim for success in the following areas:
- The development of a secure bedrock of practical knowledge and understanding that will underpin future progress throughout KS3 and into KS4.
- The inculcation of skills and practical expertise for use throughout the educational pathway and into adult life.
- An understanding of materials and how they can be manipulated using a selection of hand tools and equipment.
- The focus is on tool/machinery use and materials.
- The development of visual communication skills aligned to practical outcomes.
We aim to foster an inquisitive approach to solving mechanical and physical problems and we hope that the pupils will develop a lifelong interest in Technology.